Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Spring temps and Cheesecake



With the hopeful promise of warmer Spring weather,  it will soon be the perfect time to savor light desserts like cheesecake. Although cream cheese is the traditional ingredient, these cakes are also made with chilled whipped cream or ricotta cheese. Some people also top their cheesecakes with a layer of sour cream for added flavor, but I usually just go with vanilla extract and a bit of lemon. I also like to mix a lot of butter in my graham cracker crumbs to form the crust—which is waaaaaaaaay easier to make than an apple pie crust. As many of you probably know, making the perfect apple pie crust requires a skill almost as great as crafting miniatures!
 

14 comments:

Jackie said...

Ooooh! I love cheesecake! And your other pastries are pretty nifty awesome too!

Cheers,
Jackie

Eliana said...

So beautiful! The cheesecake is prefect!

Cote said...

Te ha quedado genial, parece de verdad!!
Besitos

Markus said...

Your miniature cheesecake looks like the real thing! I wish I could take a huge bite right now. :-)

Beverly said...

Thanks and mini hugs to all of you for your very kind comments!I really appreciate them!

The Duke of Swann said...

Your work is amazing. If I were credit card empowered I would order from you for my next Royal Banquet in miniature. Wow! will make a plan to get a scale feast organised fit for an Emperor.

Beverly said...

Thank you, Duke! This is certainly high praise and I'm quite flattered!
Incidentally, your jewelry is magnificent!

TINK - SONIA said...

Se ve delicioso!!! Que bonita manera de celebrar la primavera,saludos.

Beverly said...

Thank you for the visit, Sonia! So happy you find the cheesecake delicious and festive. Best wishes for a lovely spring!

dollhouse miniature said...

The nice thing about miniature treats is that there are no calories!

Vicky said...

Your cheesecake looks so delicious!!! I love it!!
Hugs
vicky xxx

Beverly said...

Hi Vicky!
I'm glad you find the cheesecake delectable! I tried to make it look as realistic as possible, so it's good to know I succeeded.
Thanks for your sweet comments!
Hugs back:)

Flora said...

Even though it's been so long, I am very happy to be the lucky owner of this masterpiece :-)
Please go to update your blog :-)
Love,
Flora

Beverly said...

:)Flora, you are so very sweet and I was--and still am--happy that my cheesecake creation resides in your lovely home. Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving such thoughtful comments.
Sending love...